Short review about Dactymor Forte

Alex0220

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My two bicolor blennies were showing obvious signs of flukes(ignoring food, flashing against rocks etc).

Because Praziquantel is not really available in Germany(and in most other countries in Europe) I decided to use Dactymor Forte.

It contains Cyromazin and it is advertised to help against Gyrodactylus (Flukes) and other worms.

The itching behaviour started on Monday this week and on Friday I dosed 5ml of Dactymor Forte into my tank (20G).

6 hours after dosing i did a 40% water change. The blennies started eating again the next morning and the flashing against rocks
was not that frequent anymore. I've only seen them flashing one more time.

The instructions of Dactymor Forte state that it is harmful for invertebrates. But all of my snails and hermit crabs are still alive.

I'll watch my tank the next few days and post some updates. I hope I was fast enough for a good treatment.

OP
OP
A

Alex0220

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I also want to add that there is a bacterial bloom in my tank after the dose.

I got my skimmer running and keep the top of the tank well circulated.

The fish are not breathing heavily.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
I also want to add that there is a bacterial bloom in my tank after the dose.

I got my skimmer running and keep the top of the tank well circulated.

The fish are not breathing heavily.
Sounds similar to prazi pro

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My two bicolor blennies were showing obvious signs of flukes(ignoring food, flashing against rocks etc).

Because Praziquantel is not really available in Germany(and in most other countries in Europe) I decided to use Dactymor Forte.

It contains Cyromazin and it is advertised to help against Gyrodactylus (Flukes) and other worms.

The itching behaviour started on Monday this week and on Friday I dosed 5ml of Dactymor Forte into my tank (20G).

6 hours after dosing i did a 40% water change. The blennies started eating again the next morning and the flashing against rocks
was not that frequent anymore. I've only seen them flashing one more time.

The instructions of Dactymor Forte state that it is harmful for invertebrates. But all of my snails and hermit crabs are still alive.

I'll watch my tank the next few days and post some updates. I hope I was fast enough for a good treatment.
I’ve never used that, it doesn’t show up in any of my formularies. It contains cyamazine, an insect growth regulator that inhibits the molting process of insects. Flukes don’t molt so I’m unsure how this product would control them.
Jay

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 2 1.1%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 1.7%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 26 14.8%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 86 48.9%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 54 30.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 2.8%
Back