Short spine sea urchin

beginner_reefer

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 2, 2021
Messages
175
Reaction score
127
Location
Ozona
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Introduced a short spine sea urchin a week ago. He has been under a rock since I introduced him into the tank. I can see a few spines under the rock but not sure if he is still alive. Should I move the rock and pull him out or leave him and see if appears? I don't want to stress him.
 
do you have any algae in your tank? How big is your tank? You may want to check but most are nocturnal and dont move much if any at day
 
I find pencil urchins to be better over longspines or tuxedos.
The spines will fall off and the skeleton dome thats leftover will turn white skeleton if it dies.
D
 
I have read that you can supplement feeding with nori as long as other fish font steal it
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 6 42.9%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 4 28.6%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 7 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 5 35.7%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new