Short Tentacle Goni ID?

  • Thread starter Thread starter cdw79
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

cdw79

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 6, 2021
Messages
719
Reaction score
414
Location
Houston, TX
What state or country do you live in
Texas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got what I am 95% sure is a short tentacle Goni at RAP this past weekend as a mystery frag at TSA's booth. When the guy opened it no one was 100% sure what it was (at the time it was pretty shrunken being in a black bag all day) but we agreed it looked like a Goni. We just couldn't tell at the time what its name is. Here's a pic of it adjusted in my tank today. Under whites it honestly looks pretty much the same, maybe a slightly more maroon red though. Any thoughts? Any noteworthy care differences compared to a long tentacle Goni? Thanks!

1650913780353.png
 
It's looking good! We had a slight suspicion it may be a leptastrea when it was all shrunken up but seeing it extended today definitely made the ID easier.

Any idea on a name, in case I ever sell on / frag? And if they're technically encrusting, should they be on a rock if I keep them on the substrate? I've always imagined Goni's there in my head, and that's where my other two are, but don't want to impede growth or anything
 
Mostly trying to see if it Bernardpora in which case I definitely need to keep it on its own island, from what I'm reading
 
Last edited:

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 6 28.6%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 10 47.6%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 2 9.5%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 7 33.3%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 10 47.6%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 7 33.3%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new