Should I be concerned about my Clowns

Afkomjorgen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
clowns are acting weird after recent move
The male has been hanging out in the corner for a couple of days. Occasionally settling onto the sand.
no gasping, no other signs of illness that I can see. I know they act funny and sometimes but this is a bit out of character since they have two corals they usually host.

Ph 8.2
nitrates at 10-15ppm ( pretty normal for the tank)
Ammonia 0ppm
Temp 78-80

I didn’t check nitrites last night
And it’s silly but my roommate took my refractometer so I have to run and get one today so idk what my salinity is. Corals aren’t responding negatively so I assume it’s not too off

I moved about 2 1/2 weeks ago. The 29gal tank was in a stock tank for about a week, did great everything has looked fine. eating good. I only have the clowns and some corals. Temp was a little low in the stock tank (74) but I mostly used the stock tank water when I put them in the tank and it worked itself up to 80 on its own over time with the summer heat in the house.

I hope the video plays, If not I’ll get screen caps

edit: Idk if it matters but I JUST dosed seachem calcium, carbonate kh, and their slime coat supplement the night before

3A0ADF60-D19D-4D6F-A1FA-17FC5E061135.jpeg

KrisReef

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, you should always be concerned for your fishes health and happiness. I don't think you have anything outstanding that makes me afraid for their short term survival, and clownfish are notorious for "wierd" behaviors. That's one of the things that makes them so adorable!

If I missed anything in your situation I am certain someone else will respond with better information than me!

Nice tank & beautiful pair of Clowns!

killer klowns from outer space GIF

OP
OP
Afkomjorgen

Afkomjorgen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, you should always be concerned for your fishes health and happiness. I don't think you have anything outstanding that makes me afraid for their short term survival, and clownfish are notorious for "wierd" behaviors. That's one of the things that makes them so adorable!

If I missed anything in your situation I am certain someone else will respond with better information than me!

Nice tank & beautiful pair of Clowns!

killer klowns from outer space GIF
Thank you so much for your input!
I’ll keep an eye on them but I do hope it’s just more clowning around

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
clowns are acting weird after recent move
The male has been hanging out in the corner for a couple of days. Occasionally settling onto the sand.
no gasping, no other signs of illness that I can see. I know they act funny and sometimes but this is a bit out of character since they have two corals they usually host.

Ph 8.2
nitrates at 10-15ppm ( pretty normal for the tank)
Ammonia 0ppm
Temp 78-80

I didn’t check nitrites last night
And it’s silly but my roommate took my refractometer so I have to run and get one today so idk what my salinity is. Corals aren’t responding negatively so I assume it’s not too off

I moved about 2 1/2 weeks ago. The 29gal tank was in a stock tank for about a week, did great everything has looked fine. eating good. I only have the clowns and some corals. Temp was a little low in the stock tank (74) but I mostly used the stock tank water when I put them in the tank and it worked itself up to 80 on its own over time with the summer heat in the house.

I hope the video plays, If not I’ll get screen caps

edit: Idk if it matters but I JUST dosed seachem calcium, carbonate kh, and their slime coat supplement the night before

3A0ADF60-D19D-4D6F-A1FA-17FC5E061135.jpeg

A video or closer photo taken under white light would help a lot. Both clowns seem to be holding their fins up. As long as they are still feeding, and not breathing fast, I would think they are just going through some behavioral issues having been moved recently.

Jay

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 33 19.2%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 2 1.2%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 131 76.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.5%
Back