My clownfish is acting strange…

Vincent Esposito

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My clown fish has been acting weird. Constantly laying on their side, but will swim when I walk up to the tank. Their color looks great, I don’t see any signs of an illness. I’ve had this clown for 7-8 years now. However. There does appear to be a slight purplish mark on their one side, but I personally thought it was from rubbing up against a rock or something. I can’t post pictures for some reason… I’m sure that would be much more helpful..

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
My clown fish has been acting weird. Constantly laying on their side, but will swim when I walk up to the tank. Their color looks great, I don’t see any signs of an illness. I’ve had this clown for 7-8 years now. However. There does appear to be a slight purplish mark on their one side, but I personally thought it was from rubbing up against a rock or something. I can’t post pictures for some reason… I’m sure that would be much more helpful..
It can be a few things but let’s start with a video when you get a chance for best assessment
Best under white light intensity and at less 20 seconds

Jekyl

GSP is the devil and clowns are bad pets
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If having an issue posting media you can post the video to YouTube and then link it here.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 55 75.3%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 7 9.6%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 6 8.2%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 2.7%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 2.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.4%

Back