Should i be worried?

ZazawaK

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 10, 2024
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Location
Netherlands
What state or country do you live in
Other International
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone, i am new to having a reeftank and after a couple of months waiting for the tank to cycle some tiny worms started to show up and are now forming some kind of colony.

I tried searching for them online but couldn't find an awnser if these worms are good or bad for the tank.

20240809_064838.jpg
 
For a brand new cycled tank I wouldn’t be worried, looks like some sort of algae film that latched on some micro bubbles from your filter or skimmer and got stuck to the side of the tank. How’s is all else, anything else a particular color or noticeable dying in the tank?
 
Last edited:
Upvote 0
Hi everyone, i am new to having a reeftank and after a couple of months waiting for the tank to cycle some tiny worms started to show up and are now forming some kind of colony.

I tried searching for them online but couldn't find an awnser if these worms are good or bad for the tank.

20240809_064838.jpg
They're harmless little polychaetes (bristleworms) of some variety - I haven't been able to nail down an ID on them, but they show up every now and then. They don't cause any issues that I've seen, and the colony behavior they demonstrate is very unique.
 
Upvote 0

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 2 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 2 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 1 25.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 1 25.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new