Should I be worried?

  • Thread starter Thread starter bkayereefs
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

bkayereefs

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 14, 2025
Messages
50
Reaction score
12
Location
california
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
View attachment 20260304_193256_D7E96864-9446-4907-8B0D-FF4BFBA69EEE.mov
Hey all, so I recently have been noticing my clownfish lays on the sand. I’ve noticed it for the past week. I have to take the video from far away because if not it’ll start swimming around which I guess is a good sign? I’ve taken a close look at it and I don’t see any visible bacterial infections or any deformities of any kind. I’ve had it for about a year now, was very little when I got it so my guess is that is under 2 years old.

When I got home from work today it was there but immediately started swimming around when it saw me. It eats when food is introduced just fine. Tank parameters seem okay, everyone else in there is doing just fine. Is this just odd clown behavior or should I be concerned?
 
I see you have 2 clowns, may have layed eggs and protecting them, I had a pair and they layed eggs. I believe this is common.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 5 21.7%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 13.0%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 2 8.7%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 6 26.1%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 5 21.7%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 1 4.3%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 1 4.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new