Should I be worried

saltlife97

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you guys think this gsp will over take my acan colonies ? Getting a little nervous
E3C36AAA-2565-4FC1-B979-3349A945A737.jpeg

sunken3

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
in all seriousness... grab a little off the rock.. put it on it's own rock away from everything.. let it grow.. kill anything that leaves the rock.. kill the rest that is on the acan rock.. or it will eventually take over the tank..

could be worse.. could be BSP.. that stuff spawns off shoots and spreads like pollen.

OP
OP
saltlife97

saltlife97

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
in all seriousness... grab a little off the rock.. put it on it's own rock away from everything.. let it grow.. kill anything that leaves the rock.. kill the rest that is on the acan rock.. or it will eventually take over the tank..

could be worse.. could be BSP.. that stuff spawns off shoots and spreads like pollen.
Atleast the rock is separate from the rest of the rock but I don’t know how to take my blue orange acan off the rock it’s been growing into it for the past 2 years

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I dont have a single issue with GSP and mine tends to travel along bare rock and around coral. . not on top of them.
If you feel uncomfortable. . move the gsp now.

Corey Baker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd also be worried about that Xenia you have in there too. I battled that stuff for a long time. It takes over everything!

MohrReefs

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I dont have a single issue with GSP and mine tends to travel along bare rock and around coral. . not on top of them.
If you feel uncomfortable. . move the gsp now.
I sometimes wonder if some gsp are more aggressive than others when it comes to growth. Mine in my tank will grow over anything, and when it runs out of space it starts growing stalks and branching.

sfin52

So many pedestrians so little time
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Me too I have a Chunk that I’ve glued twice but just won’t stay on the glass but waiting for this aswell
Glue plug than when. Is good and attached to the glass you can remove plug

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 3 4.5%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 39 59.1%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 17 25.8%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 5 7.6%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 2 3.0%
Back