Should I buy?

Pennywise the Clown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My lfs got a few bubble tips in a few weeks ago. They looked very healthy with lovely colour.
There is only one left now, it still has its green colouring but it has faded now to a very pale green. However, it still does have nice ''bubbly'' tentacles.
I am guessing that it has lost colour because of the weak lighting that it is under. Should I take a chance and will the colour come back under my Hydra 26's?

Bob Loblaw

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
BTAs are incredibly resilient, I'd expect it to fully regain its zoox provided proper lighting and params. It's a crapshoot whether it retains the bubbled tips in your tank though.

OP
OP
Pennywise the Clown

Pennywise the Clown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Color will come back but not overnight. Saving it is worth the challenge imo.
To be honest, I'm kind of justifying the purchase by telling myself that I will be giving the anenome its best chance of survival.
I don't think that it will last too much longer as it is now.

MasterBacon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
To be honest, I'm kind of justifying the purchase by telling myself that I will be giving the anenome its best chance of survival.
I don't think that it will last too much longer as it is now.
Every one saved is 1 less needless death. Someone else who doesn't understand the situation would buy it and watch it die.

OP
OP
Pennywise the Clown

Pennywise the Clown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bubble tip has been rescued and is already starting to get its colour back.
Thanks guys
20181015_114107.jpeg

OP
OP
Pennywise the Clown

Pennywise the Clown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have one question.
At around 5pm every day my bta shrivels up and disappears inside his little cave. Then a couple of hours later is back out again looking healthy.
My lighting goes from AB+ to blue/UV/violet only at 3pm and I was wondering if the bta does not like this change spectrum?

cromag27

octoaquatics.com - ig = @octoaquatics. view my sig
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have one question.
At around 5pm every day my bta shrivels up and disappears inside his little cave. Then a couple of hours later is back out again looking healthy.
My lighting goes from AB+ to blue/UV/violet only at 3pm and I was wondering if the bta does not like this change spectrum?

they can do that no matter what. it’s most likely expelling waste.

OP
OP
Pennywise the Clown

Pennywise the Clown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My BTA is still doing well so I'm glad I took the chance. My ocellaris pair have shown some interest but that is about it. I know the anemone is not a natural host but I am hopeful.
One thing that happens is when I feed my BTA mysis/brine shrimp they will both dive head first into it and try and steal the food. Is this a way that they might settle down in the nem eventually?

davocean

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Couple things, on diving into hole it would be still acclimating to new possibly stronger lighting than it's used to, and or it's probably seeing that photo period change as a shift in daylight to dusk possibly.

As for clowns stealing food, that should change as they mature

Back