Should I can the idea of automated testing?

OP
OP
michealprater

michealprater

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Edit 1/24/24. The issue I had was my trident was out of warranty it shot craps. I worked with support, and we tried everything, the support team decided it was not possible to be fixed. Much to my surprise, they offered to send me a refurbished unit to replace it and even expedited shipping on the condition I returned my unit. I was thrilled and made the praising post above. So yesterday I receive the refurbished unit and followed the instructions to a tee using the task menu. As soon as I got to the step where I plug in the trident it crashed my entire apex system turning everything off on the tank and sending both my eb832s into an error state. So I unplugged the trident and everything went back to normal. I stood there and scratched my head for a minute, tried it again… same issue. So clearly they sent me a unit with a very bad short in it!!! I am not sure if they are even testing their refurbished models! I am very lucky this did not do permanent damage to my entire system. I am trying to fight off extreme frustration here. I emailed support to see what they would do, but at this point I have two completely junk tridents and haven’t had automated testing in a few weeks. I am trying to be patient while I wait for a response. I

Goubli

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All I can say to this is WOW. I have an apex and have had issues with it myself where I had to send it to someone to replace a power supply (transistor I think). Apex wanted me to send them the unit.

Luckily, a knew a guy that was able to loan me a power strip while mine was out.

Apex seriously thinks you can just easily adapt all the things you bank on it to control like your dosing etc? I learned a valuable lesson about leaning on apex for dependability.

This is why I never bought a trident, even though I love the idea. I hope your situation gets resolved man.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 37 15.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 5.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 12.9%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 135 58.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 16 6.9%
Back