Should i do a water change now? (Post dino)

Jake_the_reefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just got over osteropsis dino in my 10g nano and it has been a solid 2 weeks since I've done a water change. The dino died off about 3 or 4 days ago and I havent seen a lick of it yet. Should I continue to hold off on water changes or just do one? None of my corals are showing any signs of stress or anything from the lack of changes so I'm not horribly worried I just dont want to give a reason for dino to start growing back.

crizain

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My .02. Obviously let your test results dictate how much you need to export but when i beat dinos, I started small and did barely enough of a water change to vacuum top of sand and get crud out. 5% for first couple of weeks to be safe and then went back to normal schedule.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
I just got over osteropsis dino in my 10g nano and it has been a solid 2 weeks since I've done a water change. The dino died off about 3 or 4 days ago and I havent seen a lick of it yet. Should I continue to hold off on water changes or just do one? None of my corals are showing any signs of stress or anything from the lack of changes so I'm not horribly worried I just dont want to give a reason for dino to start growing back.
Do water change but do not yet add any coral foods (reef roids, etc ) and continue with peroxide at .5 ml each night for the next 4 weeks. You will not see a re-emergence

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 23 29.1%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 30 38.0%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 20 25.3%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 5 6.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.3%
Back