I think I have Dinos +Cloudy water

DyrtyByrd

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello folks, I wanted to get this issue im having out there.
I want to be sure if I have dinos, I have a microscope but cant get it to focus well enough for a pic or video. I do have a higher quality one coming tomorrow. From what i could see it didnt look like any of the pics refferenced in the "are you tired" thread.
Here are some tank pics:
0227241829.jpg 0227241832b.jpg 0227241832a.jpg
I know there are other algaes that can look the same as dinos to the naked eye. What do you guys think?

To compound matters my tank has been really hazy for a couple weeks.
I know its tough to see but this is the only angle i can get a pic of it at.
0227241832.jpg
I can see particulates in the water, all pumps and powerheads have been pointed up to help increase oxygen and to not disturb the sand.

So over the weekend I did my weekly testing and did a 10% water change. The brown stuff on the sand came back with a vengance today.
Here are my parameters from Friday and my retest today. The 23rd was two weeks no water change. Water change was performed on the 25th of Feb.
1709077936507258597300562772048.jpg

I will post pics of the microscope findings after i get it tomorrow. Interested to hear what you all think so far. Thanks in advance.

brandon429

why did you put a reef in that
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
in hundreds of documented rip cleans, Ive never had anyone come back and say their tank wasn't better for it.

yet it's the hardest thing to convince someone to do

people will skip the thing with 100+ pages of work thread outcomes, which can be expected for any system that deep cleans the way we do

and they will instead opt for a 100% opposite method that does not come with searchable completed jobs. it's the reef tank owner psychology that's hard to handle, not the tank :)

the final question becomes: how much delay do we want between this condition,

shadow one.jpg

and this one
shadow 2.jpeg

comes from page 1 sand rinse thread. shadow_k

total duration between pictures of the same reef: 24 hours.

that's a forty gallon reef. it's a match to your job we've already done

ID doesn't matter
your reef params don't matter
that's total force command, overnite, available for any takers.

by being in the mass-free condition, things you do to suppress growth have less to work on. there's a few things we'd change about the reef after it's invader=reset.

there is no better option in reefing than that pic set option above.

whoever said nothing good fast happens in reefing is wrong

brandon429

why did you put a reef in that
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
we would start with only clean water, partial water changes every two weeks and no other form of doser. it's all new water in the post-rip clean setup so that resets any chem imbalances.

target feeding will drive new coral health, the system will shine, no chance of it not working.

we'd lower your system's lighting power and sustain that lesser power for a while, as the very first changeup from the clean condition.

Last edited:

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 83 56.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.8%
Back