Should I feed medicated food to entire tank?

taulgrl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have noticed that one of my blue green chromises is smaller, skinnier and not as colorful as the other 2 I got it with. Today it has stringy white poo and is hovering in the top corner of the tank

I suspect intestinal parasites or worms and was going to try feeding medicated food. Should I put the fish in QT to treat or should I feed whole tank medic food?

all others seem fine (9 other fish in 75g mixed reef).
image.jpg

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
I have noticed that one of my blue green chromises is smaller, skinnier and not as colorful as the other 2 I got it with. Today it has stringy white poo and is hovering in the top corner of the tank

I suspect intestinal parasites or worms and was going to try feeding medicated food. Should I put the fish in QT to treat or should I feed whole tank medic food?

image.jpg
Chances are it has internal parasite. If and if eating, add seachem metroplex to its food
I don’t think medicated food will address what may be happening

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

image.jpg
If you can isolate the chromis, that would be best as it may have some underlying issue with tankmates. If you go the medicated food route, here is a link to an article I posted on the subject:

Jay

OP
OP
taulgrl

taulgrl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you can isolate the chromis, that would be best as it may have some underlying issue with tankmates. If you go the medicated food route, here is a link to an article I posted on the subject:

Jay

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 2 3.4%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 2 3.4%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 4 6.9%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 47 81.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 5.2%
Back