Should I frag this acro? It's growing weird...

  • Thread starter Thread starter Phyber
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Phyber

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 11, 2012
Messages
405
Reaction score
182
Location
VA
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I picked this acro up from my LFS, but from the start it's been growing weird. Now it looks like it's starting to shade itself out, but isn't really branching out far... Should I frag off these nubs?

20191220_173354.jpg
 
NOOOO! Let it grow. It is doing just fine. In a few months, you may elect to cut just below the bushy area but let her get some exponential growth where it is doing well.
 
NOOOO! Let it grow. It is doing just fine. In a few months, you may elect to cut just below the bushy area but let her get some exponential growth where it is doing well.

Lol it's a whole bunch of peachy colored skin under that bushy part, not bright green like the rest...

I run a t5/led combo but the thing still shades itself...wondered if it was just cut weird and needed a fresh start.
 
That's ok. It will shade itself to one degree or another throughout its whole life. As I said, you can cut below the new growth in a few months and start the whole process over again with what is remaining, pink and all.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 1 33.3%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new