Should I Modify this Sump?

HoosierJD

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 29, 2026
Messages
3
Reaction score
21
What state or country do you live in
Indiana
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just bought a used tank and sump. I don’t need the freshwater reservoir because I’m going to run the RODI directly to it. I thought about putting a refugium there but I would have to take that piece of glass off the front and shorten it, probably by replacing it with a piece of acrylic. I can run a 1/2 drain directly to it. Any better ideas out there?
20261004_142719_1C16A748-6E5A-4D6E-804D-207433FD320F.png
 
As long as you've thought through the known risks of applying the RODI line to the sump, you could just drill a hole for a bulkhead to use the compartment for something else....I don't see a reason to remove the panel or replace it with another material.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new