Should I move the power strip behind the display?

SomeHappyFish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
These are not 100% final cable placement, but still... There's way too much clutter, should I drill a hole and move the power strip behind the display? I fear they might be too hard too reach once the display is full

20231015_193122.jpg 20231015_193109.jpg

EeyoreIsMySpiritAnimal

Just another girl who likes fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks guys!
I do like that you've mounted it on the top of the stand, but if any part of it is over the sump, you risk salt creep from any splashes or spray, even if they're tiny.

EeyoreIsMySpiritAnimal

Just another girl who likes fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you're worried about not being able to easily unplug things from behind the stand you could use something like this that has individual power buttons

rtparty

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Keep all electronics as far away as you can especially from splashing that can come over the edge and right into the power strip. Only takes one tail flick from a decent fish and your whole system and house are at serious risk

Hanging the power strip upside down is also extremely dangerous. The plugs can slowly work their way out and cause serious issues

OP
OP
SomeHappyFish

SomeHappyFish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I do like that you've mounted it on the top of the stand, but if any part of it is over the sump, you risk salt creep from any splashes or spray, even if they're tiny.
Keep all electronics as far away as you can especially from splashing that can come over the edge and right into the power strip. Only takes one tail flick from a decent fish and your whole system and house are at serious risk

Hanging the power strip upside down is also extremely dangerous. The plugs can slowly work their way out and cause serious issues
Thanks for the warning I will be moving the power stip behind the display !

OP
OP
SomeHappyFish

SomeHappyFish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you're worried about not being able to easily unplug things from behind the stand you could use something like this that has individual power buttons

This should be plugged into a gfci outlet right?

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 12 37.5%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 12 37.5%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 7 21.9%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 1 3.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back