Should I re-locate my X-mas?

Leadfooted

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 15, 2016
Messages
2,135
Reaction score
3,118
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
This Christmas Mirabilis was growing out nicely at first. It encrusted and stalled for a few months. Would you suggest to allow it to acclimate and leave alone or re-locate?

Its current position
C882E055-FF7D-408C-82B0-35F6849BB20D.jpeg

Close up , not so happy
0077F233-C83F-4E3A-BFBA-FD2EE50240CD.jpeg
 
Seems like a lighting issue from the photos. Do you know what PAR it's getting?
 
I would say Leave it. It may be feeling it's way to a neighboring rock before it shoots up.
Well, I left it alone and sure enough, look who’s waking up! You have to look close but little points appearing and growth has accelerated rapidly as of late. Colors very bright in person. Thanks for the suggestion
29BE3C7C-9131-4EDF-A5D8-48FF72908371.jpeg
 
Yep. And let it roll. I only clip branches when they get too close sometimes I wait a few days and say I’ll get to it but then it’s too late the tips are already stung from another coral.
 
Yep. And let it roll. I only clip branches when they get too close sometimes I wait a few days and say I’ll get to it but then it’s too late the tips are already stung from another coral.
I lost my first acro colony this way and going to trim my Frogskin today now that you mentioned this. He's trying to kill one of my digits I think.
 

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 10 31.3%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 16 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 9.4%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 11 34.4%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 4 12.5%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 15 46.9%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 8 25.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new