Should I Use Expired Dr G's Rotifers?

scottj6

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ordered a bottle of Roti-feast from my LFS last week and when I went to pick it up, they said they didnt get it in their shipment. To make up for it they gave me their store use bottle of Dr Gs rotifers for free which has an expiration date on the cap of 6/21. The guy said it was still good and they use it in their tanks. I smelled it and it certainly doesnt smell like roses but not vile either. Do you think I should use it or throw it out? I also picked up a pack of Hikari frozen rotifers. How do those compare to the Dr Gs or Roti Feast?

Reef Nutrition

We Feed Your Reef
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ordered a bottle of Roti-feast from my LFS last week and when I went to pick it up, they said they didnt get it in their shipment. To make up for it they gave me their store use bottle of Dr Gs rotifers for free which has an expiration date on the cap of 6/21. The guy said it was still good and they use it in their tanks. I smelled it and it certainly doesnt smell like roses but not vile either. Do you think I should use it or throw it out? I also picked up a pack of Hikari frozen rotifers. How do those compare to the Dr Gs or Roti Feast?
Sorry you weren't able to get some of our Roti-Feast. You should reach out to Dr. G's about their product.

The thing that hobbyists like about our product compared to frozen is that you don't need to thaw. It's a lot easier to use. We grow and enrich all of our rotifers here at our farm.

Hope this helps.

Best,
Chad

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 8 7.8%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 17 16.5%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 69 67.0%
  • Neither.

Votes: 4 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 4.9%
Back