Should I use truck bed liner?

  • Thread starter Thread starter BullyBee
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

BullyBee

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 19, 2020
Messages
855
Reaction score
575
What state or country do you live in
Canada
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Should I use truck bed liner to coat the plywood my tank is sitting on?
BD003D7F-7B99-4366-A21A-B44CD627D5AE.jpeg
 
I've wondered about this as well. Some kind of sealant water proofing is prudent but what is the best product? I was thinking about coating the bottom and up the sides about 2 or 3 inches in my stand to contain any leaks or spills.
 
I’m gonna try the bed liner. It will be a $10 experiment. I have more lumber so why not
 
Flex seal is about $30 a quart at HD and I used it for my sump room stand - it’s *incredible* stuff. Just work quick, it skins over faster than you’d believe.
 
You can always apply wood varnish super easy water proof as well
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 2 3.6%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 16 29.1%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 18 32.7%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 6 10.9%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 5.5%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 6 10.9%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 5.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new