Should Kalk Stirrer be stirring constantly or cycle?

Bustyraker

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 27, 2013
Messages
563
Reaction score
145
Location
Hagerstown MD
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just installed a K1 Kalk Stirrer and currently have it stirring constantly. Would it be better for me to program my Apex to have it only stir a few times per day? If so how long should I have it stirring each time. Ive never used a kalk stirrer and have always used 2 part in the past.
 
i run mine 24/7. I also add 2 tsp a day of kalk for my 3000ml dose.
 
With a stir arm unit like the Avast these are typically run 24/7 for water pump units or magnetic stirrer units. Periodic stirring is appropriate.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 4 14.8%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 12 44.4%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 3 11.1%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 3.7%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 3.7%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 4 14.8%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 7.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new