Show me monti caps!!

  • Thread starter Thread starter Saltgator
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
Here ya go!
 

Attachments

  • uploadfromtaptalk1388766340147.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1388766340147.jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 227
Not grafted. Got it from a vender at ReefaPalooza. It started growing that way in one of his grow out tanks. The frags keep the variegated coloring.
 

Attachments

  • ImageUploadedByREEF2REEF1388815412.881654.jpg
    ImageUploadedByREEF2REEF1388815412.881654.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 221
Cool stuff!
I'd like to eventually have a nice purple cap like the one in the first photo. Got a long way to go before I can make that work, though.
 
If you have them under good light and good flow they should grow fairly fast. The only downside I see to monti caps is that if they are up high you need to keep them trimmed or they will shade out a large amount of rockwork
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 1 2.1%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 13 27.7%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 16 34.0%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 5 10.6%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 2.1%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 6.4%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 5 10.6%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 6.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new