Show Me Your Clam Tank !

427HISS

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My wife and I were into the saltwater hobby for many years back in the 90's, and now we're back into it. One of the tanks we had was a beautiful 40 breeder full of wonderful clams and bristle worms killed most of them. BASTERDS !

Anyway, I'm setting up the reef again in the living room wall and in back of it is the fish room. Sooner or later we'll be setting up another clam tank, since my wife Patty watched several clam YouTube and retail stores video's of tanks last night, and got VERY excited. lol
It almost made me cry how enthusiastic she was.

So, show us your clam tanks !
Please explain the clams, where you bought them, price, size, how old they are, tank type, measurements, set-ups, lighting, filtration, skimmer, your story, etc....etc.

Mtnbikedan01

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I don't have a solid clam tank but I've built my my 7' tank around my clams. I'm having trouble posting pics. I post them but have no idea where they go. As soon as I figure it out I'll post pics like crazy.

DogueDeBordeaux

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I added a deepblue 30g frag tank plumbed into my DT for clams, and a few sps frags.
I had a 1" sand bed, but removed all the sand this weekend. I will keep clams on rock/clam holder, or add small container with sand for some.

OP
OP
427HISS

427HISS

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I don't have a solid clam tank but I've built my my 7' tank around my clams. I'm having trouble posting pics. I post them but have no idea where they go. As soon as I figure it out I'll post pics like crazy.

"7 foot",....cool !

What problems are you having with posting pics ? We can all walk you through, but give us details my friend.

OP
OP
427HISS

427HISS

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I added a deepblue 30g frag tank plumbed into my DT for clams, and a few sps frags.
I had a 1" sand bed, but removed all the sand this weekend. I will keep clams on rock/clam holder, or add small container with sand for some.

Beautiful...... !
Why removing the sand ?
What's a clam holder ?

OP
OP
427HISS

427HISS

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And guys, your tank does NOT have to be all,...clams, just kinda dominated. (ah ****,...just post me your frickin clams) lol :tongue:

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 35 26.1%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 45 33.6%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 41 30.6%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 9 6.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back