Show me your cool tank stand!

  • Thread starter Thread starter heathd.hd
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
Mine tiled, with sliding doors:

IMG_3801.jpg


IMG_3802.jpg
 
Mine tiled, with sliding doors:

I LOVE your stand/sliding tile doors. This is exactly what I'd like to incorporate on my stand for the doors. Could you help a brother out and give some info: what parts and where do you get the sliding mechanism for the doors? How did you connect the doors to the sliding mechanism? And what exactly did you use for the doors, before adding the tile? Where did you get the tile, and how did you apply it? Lol sorry for all the questions but I'd love to build this for my stand and am inexperienced in diy. Thanks for any help you can provide, and again, awesome stand and tank! !
 
This is one I just finished for a friend, inwall cabinet built where a TV cabinet used to be.
The owner wanted as much access above as possible, so I built a flip frame and also installed active doors on that frame, that way doors provide access for feeding and light maintenance, and the flip frame on piano hinges goes all the way to ceiling for full access.







 
ImageUploadedByREEF2REEF1412815306.287713.jpg
heres mine that in the middle of building g for my 55 g and 30g sump , gonna skin the sides with 1/2 in and the front w, 3/4 finished gonna have a panel in front that pops out hopefully finishing this weekend so I can paint and change everything over
 
ImageUploadedByREEF2REEF1412815306.287713.jpg
heres mine that in the middle of building g for my 55 g and 30g sump , gonna skin the sides with 1/2 in and the front w, 3/4 finished gonna have a panel in front that pops out hopefully finishing this weekend so I can paint and change everything over

ImageUploadedByREEF2REEF1414529344.704493.jpg
ImageUploadedByREEF2REEF1414529360.517914.jpg
ImageUploadedByREEF2REEF1414529389.473570.jpg
almost done with skin and trim!!
 
You guys all have some skills on here. Am thinking about a new tank and want a nice stand, but I dont think I could do as well....
 
All these are ******. Great creativity thank you everybody for shows us your ideas
 

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 7 36.8%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 6 31.6%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 4 21.1%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 15.8%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 3 15.8%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 4 21.1%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 26.3%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 47.4%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 26.3%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 4 21.1%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 15.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new