Show me your cord organization!

obsessedfishlady

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 17, 2021
Messages
724
Reaction score
646
Location
Centre Hall, PA
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is what I had in the past for cord organization but honestly some cords struggle to reach this far. It’s the cabinet of a tall old wardrobe.


20250702_100349_075146EE-F650-408A-8607-5E97704CDDCD.png


While my tank sits empty I’d like to come up with a better plan while it’s easily manageable.

So I need inspiration and smart ideas. Show me Watcha got!
 
This is the thread I need too, struggling with the best way to make it all look nice and clean. I have an AIO so I have tons of room to work and make it clean. I installed a large under cabinet light to make it bright and easy to see down there too
 
OK. The sump and controllers are in a separate room from the display tank, both in the basement. The control panel is made from a cabinet door, and is mounted on hinges so that it swings open for access to the back. The countertop over the sump is removable. I used surface-mounted conduits to manage the smaller cables on the back of the control panel. Larger cables are supported on cable clips, available on-line or in most home hardware stores. I like these because 1. They're cheap, and 2. They can be easily opened & closed when something has to be taken out for maintenance. I also use them to route the tubes from the doser to the sump. I used a cable drag to manage the tubes & doser power cord.


20250706_100800_1B460B83-DDB2-4881-BA21-A57529FBAC20.png



20250706_100907_88FBE4BD-91D7-445D-8373-EBFA7C9B4145.png



20250706_101013_3FBD5060-E65A-415F-95E9-48514D68B270.png



20250706_101114_F109D2E3-CCE1-4AC7-86B0-F3C6A9E8C230.png



20250706_101233_2A366798-34B0-4DDA-9EFE-C09AF0D1D610.png
 
Now outside of the cabinet of my Waterbox 60.2. 125.4 infinia frag is coming in 1 to 2 weeks will fit in the cabinet.
20250706_195711_7A82C76D-1051-4794-8C5B-1DB9E173CFBD.png


20250706_195711_70C23061-D376-4382-9AF1-2A19FB2AFE64.png


20250706_195711_7455F11B-92C7-4323-901E-AAECBBC82CD0.png


20250706_195711_128A4813-FB76-4412-8EF3-0DF7625C1B38.png


20250706_195711_94C184AD-5780-4F8C-AB7F-E7A133D2AF98.png


20250706_195711_DBBC8450-0B2D-4C61-AC77-D13B6C8A1CC8.png
 
Now outside of the cabinet of my Waterbox 60.2. 125.4 infinia frag is coming in 1 to 2 weeks will fit in the cabinet.
20250706_195711_7A82C76D-1051-4794-8C5B-1DB9E173CFBD.png


20250706_195711_70C23061-D376-4382-9AF1-2A19FB2AFE64.png


20250706_195711_7455F11B-92C7-4323-901E-AAECBBC82CD0.png


20250706_195711_128A4813-FB76-4412-8EF3-0DF7625C1B38.png


20250706_195711_94C184AD-5780-4F8C-AB7F-E7A133D2AF98.png


20250706_195711_DBBC8450-0B2D-4C61-AC77-D13B6C8A1CC8.png
Wow that setup looked great! Novice question but how did you mount the controllers? Drill or strong double sided tape?
 
Now outside of the cabinet of my Waterbox 60.2. 125.4 infinia frag is coming in 1 to 2 weeks will fit in the cabinet.
20250706_195711_7A82C76D-1051-4794-8C5B-1DB9E173CFBD.png


20250706_195711_70C23061-D376-4382-9AF1-2A19FB2AFE64.png


20250706_195711_7455F11B-92C7-4323-901E-AAECBBC82CD0.png


20250706_195711_128A4813-FB76-4412-8EF3-0DF7625C1B38.png


20250706_195711_94C184AD-5780-4F8C-AB7F-E7A133D2AF98.png


20250706_195711_DBBC8450-0B2D-4C61-AC77-D13B6C8A1CC8.png
Wow that setup looked great! Novice question but how did you mount the controllers? Drill or strong double sided tape?
Thanks! I 3D printed mounts for them, I believe you can purchase the mounts as well. I would not suggest double sided tape, difficult to remove when broken or for maintenance. I’ve used Velcro tape in the past that works also really well.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 1 12.5%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 37.5%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 1 12.5%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 3 37.5%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new