Show me your diy controller board/ electronic equipment cabinets.

  • Thread starter Thread starter bo0sted2g
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

bo0sted2g

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 20, 2017
Messages
471
Reaction score
499
Location
Vail Colorado
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am thinking my next project needs to be making a controller panel to mount all my equipment controllers to and to tidy up the birdsnest of wires running behind my stand.

Looking for inspiration on building one of these. If possible I would like to see the backside of the board/ cabinet too to see how to handle the powerstrips and powerbricks that come with some equipment.

Thanks in advance. Hope to see some cool ideas!
 
This is mine - just hangs on the wall.

control panel.JPG
 
The wiring and 2 Apex EP8s are behind the panel. The cabinet is an IKEA BESTA 15" deep. I went to Home Depot and had them cut me a pre fab shelf for my board which are supported on square dowels about 7" in. The cab is seperate from tank, I wanted to keep electronics far from moisture. I'll get pics of wiring up when I finnish cleaning up, but for now it's presentable in my living room. This also supports another 65 gal tank which is upstairs.
 
The wiring and 2 Apex EP8s are behind the panel. The cabinet is an IKEA BESTA 15" deep. I went to Home Depot and had them cut me a pre fab shelf for my board which are supported on square dowels about 7" in. The cab is seperate from tank, I wanted to keep electronics far from moisture. I'll get pics of wiring up when I finnish cleaning up, but for now it's presentable in my living room. This also supports another 65 gal tank which is upstairs.
Can you show how you have the dowels supporting the shelf?

Love how your cabinet came out!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 1 2.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 15 29.4%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 18 35.3%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 5 9.8%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 2.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 5.9%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 5 9.8%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 5.9%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new