Show me your diy controller board/ electronic equipment cabinets.

bo0sted2g

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am thinking my next project needs to be making a controller panel to mount all my equipment controllers to and to tidy up the birdsnest of wires running behind my stand.

Looking for inspiration on building one of these. If possible I would like to see the backside of the board/ cabinet too to see how to handle the powerstrips and powerbricks that come with some equipment.

Thanks in advance. Hope to see some cool ideas!

Snoopy 67

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is mine - just hangs on the wall.

control panel.JPG

Mical

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The wiring and 2 Apex EP8s are behind the panel. The cabinet is an IKEA BESTA 15" deep. I went to Home Depot and had them cut me a pre fab shelf for my board which are supported on square dowels about 7" in. The cab is seperate from tank, I wanted to keep electronics far from moisture. I'll get pics of wiring up when I finnish cleaning up, but for now it's presentable in my living room. This also supports another 65 gal tank which is upstairs.

OP
OP
bo0sted2g

bo0sted2g

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The wiring and 2 Apex EP8s are behind the panel. The cabinet is an IKEA BESTA 15" deep. I went to Home Depot and had them cut me a pre fab shelf for my board which are supported on square dowels about 7" in. The cab is seperate from tank, I wanted to keep electronics far from moisture. I'll get pics of wiring up when I finnish cleaning up, but for now it's presentable in my living room. This also supports another 65 gal tank which is upstairs.
Can you show how you have the dowels supporting the shelf?

Love how your cabinet came out!

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 69 86.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 6.3%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 3 3.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 3.8%
Back