Show me your sand bed please :)

Corals.com
OP
Subnautica

Subnautica

View Badges
Reaction score
I agree, yours looks fantastic. I actually have about 180 lbs of that sand ready to go into my new setup. I like the different sizes and shells that you can see in it. I'm excited to get mine in the tank and I hope it looks as nice as yours.
Thank you. Yes please show us when you set up yours :)

MTBake

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Mine looks terrible compared to that. I really need to get in and clean mine up. I even have a couple bags of Tropic Eden reef flakes so I can add more I need it. I'll post up a pic when I get home tonight.

S2G

View Badges
Reaction score
I have a mix of pretty chunky crushed coral and regular argonite from caribsea. I bought back my old setup and they switched to a thick crushed coral. I was worried it would trap nitrate like gravel so I mixed in regular argonite. I have several snails that keep it clean and stirred up

20190910_142718.jpg 20190910_143624.jpg

Get Fish & Corals directly for the suppliers

blitzkragz

View Badges
Reaction score
How old are these tanks? Things are still looking pretty sterile.
Mine is 7 months old. At one point I got home from vacation and the sand looked horrible after a cyano outbreak. That eventually cleared itself up, and then I credit this guy for constantly keeping my sand bed clean:
IMG_0077.GIF

S2G

View Badges
Reaction score
Mine is 7 months old. At one point I got home from vacation and the sand looked horrible after a cyano outbreak. That eventually cleared itself up, and then I credit this guy for constantly keeping my sand bed clean:
IMG_0077.GIF
Is that an sleeper goby? I see them for sale all the time but wasnt sure how good a job it would do

Scorpius

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
If you really want to go wild show people your bare bottoms, of your tanks guys.....lol

OP
Subnautica

Subnautica

View Badges
Reaction score
I have a mix of pretty chunky crushed coral and regular argonite from caribsea. I bought back my old setup and they switched to a thick crushed coral. I was worried it would trap nitrate like gravel so I mixed in regular argonite. I have several snails that keep it clean and stirred up

20190910_142718.jpg 20190910_143624.jpg
It looks really clean. May I see it up close?

Top Shelf Aquatics
Waterbox Aquariums: The Finest Aquariums
Aquaticlife