Show me your sump

Reef2Javi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just finished putting together my custom sump. I couldnt be happier with the way it came out. 80 gal tank coming in soon!:rolleyes: Sump is 36x18x17

IMG_1867.JPG

OP
OP
Reef2Javi

Reef2Javi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I made this one with the intention of moving to bigger tank. More water volume makes me a very happy reefer lol @Shep

Busa1340

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very clean set up! What other equipment are you adding? @Busa1340
Thank you! It's an eshopps r200 tight squeeze for that big curve 7 it's under a 90 gallon and I'm going with the jeboa DCT8000 return pump and probably the two little fishes 150 reactor ATO jbj possibly another I'm just familiar with jbj never had s problem with it. No filter socks and I'm going to set the fuge up as a mini display. So far I'm happy with it. Only difference I'm getting used to is a tight place for everything but it's clean.

Shep

Acan Connoisseur
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is mine, not the best pick and it doesn't have the ATS that I just installed but so far I am loving having a sump finally.

OP
OP
Reef2Javi

Reef2Javi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I went ahead and ran a Waveline DC6000 and its been rock solid for months without a hiccup. As for my ato, im going to replace my jbj with a Tunze osmolator. I like knowing theres a back up sensor just in case the mechanical one gets jammed. Too many things that can make it malfunction. I dont need to hear it from my gf lol. Gallons of water all over the floor is probably one my worst fears :eek: @Busa1340

OP
OP
Reef2Javi

Reef2Javi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Moving from any hob to a sump is definitely a breath of fresh air. How is that SKIMZ working for you? Im building a frag tank soon and im trying to choose a different skimmer. I love Reef Octopus but im open to ideas. @Shep

Busa1340

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I went ahead and ran a Waveline DC6000 and its been rock solid for months without a hiccup. As for my ato, im going to replace my jbj with a Tunze osmolator. I like knowing theres a back up sensor just in case the mechanical one gets jammed. Too many things that can make it malfunction. I dont need to hear it from my gf lol. Gallons of water all over the floor is probably one my worst fears :eek: @Busa1340
I hear ya that's probably what I'll go with too! I've heard great thing about that one. What do you use for your top off reservoir I usually use an old salt bucket but thinking about getting a slimmer one for space? @Reef2Javi

Shep

Acan Connoisseur
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Moving from any hob to a sump is definitely a breath of fresh air. How is that SKIMZ working for you? Im building a frag tank soon and im trying to choose a different skimmer. I love Reef Octopus but im open to ideas. @Shep
Its amazing how fast my tank responded to having a sump! Everything looks better already. So far I love it, between the ability to control the water level and pump power level it is really easy to fine tune. I have only had it for two week but I have already gotten some nasty skim out of it. My only complaint is that the collection cup is almost impossible to get off -__- I feel like I will break the body before it comes off.

afamousjohnson

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
2015-06-20 08.52.40.jpg
2015-06-20 09.53.17.jpg

And in with front panel off and on
2015-06-27 18.51.16.jpg
20151119_164036.jpg
Those previous sumps are slick looking - another great ato to look at is the puratek - has sensors on outside of sump and interface.

OP
OP
Reef2Javi

Reef2Javi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use an ato box I made myself out of acrylic. it measures 18x18x18. Its on the side of tank in a custom box. It looks just like the ato boxes that Synergy makes. I work with acrylic so I make myself all the sumps,ato boxes, dosing boxes, frag tanks, that i could possibly want without having to go and pay retail price. On a better note, it feels so nice making my own equipment and know it works :D @Busa1340

OP
OP
Reef2Javi

Reef2Javi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah man. I definitely noticed big changes after making the change for the first time. Having more water volume with a sump also gives you something every reefer strives for. Stability! Takes a little longer for your parameters to dwindle. Keep rock solid parameters is key to getting that coral/fish response you want. @Shep

Shep

Acan Connoisseur
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My 15 gallon nano sump. Hopefully, with any luck, water will hit it this weekend.

00Nano-12-06-15_zpsfzvfugbv.jpg
now that is a sleek looking set up!

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 6 6.7%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 4.4%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 5.6%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 70 77.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 5.6%
Back