Show off your ANGLER FISH!

Jason Coy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
294446402_5214882385247694_4025777364454988836_n.jpg

Lophiocharon trisignatus

I need to get some recent pics, I have a video of her feeding somewhere! But yes Froggy is going strong and yes he is a she, having laid two very large rafts of eggs to date.

I have had the pleasure of keeping Froggy now for two years. She is still in the same 50g tank set-up next to my main tank, and seems to enjoy trying to 'swim' the glass to eat her neighbours from time to time.

She is currently about 6 inches from nose to tail. I feed her a defrosted 4 inch mulie (aussie pilchard we use for fishing bait) once every week-2 weeks. Generally I don't feed her again until she starts to look hungry and swims the tank. She gets a live fish maybe twice a year, a small damsel.

No special treatment for the tank, it's basic with some rock and a little sand. No light as I feel she prefers a darker spot, and there is light from the neighbouring tank.

Hopefully we stay together many more years
Beautiful frogfish. Has it always been that color?

WifeOfRatkiller

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He ate a 4" anthias? That's insane!! It's been a week. Is he ok?
Thanks for checking in!

The Grump lives! It's amazing how efficient they are at digesting giant meals. He/she was doing the hippity, hoppity food dance around the tank last night too.

Chrisv.

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for checking in!

The Grump lives! It's amazing how efficient they are at digesting giant meals. He/she was doing the hippity, hoppity food dance around the tank last night too.
My LFS has a gorgeous orange one for sale right now. I have a species tank ready to dedicate to him that's been set up for two years and has no other fish in it right now, but it has some aiptasia growing in there, so I need to move a peppermint shrimp over from my main tank to take care of the issue before adding a frog fish. The peppermint would obviously be a snack on day one.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 26 39.4%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 16 24.2%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 22 33.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 3.0%
Back