Show off your freshwater tanks

Before I ventured into the land of saltwater I kept African Cichlids, I miss those little aggressive guys , but I think it wasn't meant to be being I had 3 major die offs(broken heater, infection, & hurrican sandy)
 
great tanks, everyone!!

Here's mine, Ehiem 9 gal cube. It has cherry shrimps, 1 betta (That Petco gave me for free because it was dying, it's swimming strong 6 months later!) and a tiny (sunset?) gourami.

sZGKs0E.jpg
 
Here are my freshwater tanks.
I started with reef tanks about 18 years ago and in 1998 I had the pleasure of meeting Mr. Takashi Amano (R.I.P teacher and master of nature style aquariums)in a convention where he signed one of his books for me and since then I have an immense respect for this side of the pond (aquarium style).
ImageUploadedByREEF2REEF1444792269.741124.jpg ImageUploadedByREEF2REEF1444792319.513672.jpg ImageUploadedByREEF2REEF1444792346.608768.jpg ImageUploadedByREEF2REEF1444792390.012434.jpg

Wow... Looks great!!
 
This is my 20 gallon in the office. All these fish you see are offspring from the fish we got to populate the 29gallon (which is a year 2months old).

image.jpeg

We started getting tired of all the fish so we bought a fish eater. Then we realized each fish was like worth $3-4 so we didn't feed them so quickly. Now the 29G tank is for our South American cichlids. It use to be fake plants on the left side but I just recently made the switch to all real plants. No CO2 so it grows slowly but I do put in supplements.

image.jpeg image.jpeg

And finally the food tank for the Cichlids. This tank use to be just glass and water with a filter as a quarantine tank when we got the ich outbreak (more than once). So far best ich cure is just to turn up the temp. I hate using medicine for it, lose more fish that way.

image.jpeg
 

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 5.1%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 7.6%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 16 20.3%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 23 29.1%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 11.4%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 4 5.1%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 10 12.7%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 6 7.6%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new