• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Show Size Zebra Moray Eel Needs a Home $50!

dzones

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a show sized Zebra Moray Eel that needs a good home. He is about 30" long and is probably closer to 3-4' but since he stays mostly coiled up in his rocks it is hard to say exactly for sure. His head is easily 2"+ wide.
I know this size typical retails for $300 - $450 but I just need him out of this tank so I am only asking:

$50
That is not a typo. I do not want to give him away and attract the wrong person for his new home as he does need a good sized home and realize he should be kept alone or he will eat anything that swims close to his head. He is healthy and active.
I would very much prefer to have him picked up but he must be removed by this Sunday evening (May 28th).
If I cannot find a local home or if you really want to pay the pretty high shipping costs I will ship him as well but his safe arrival will be your responsibility. I will ensure he is packed in a proper "fish" shipping styro cooler and box with ample water. Again the cost to ship him overnight will be rather costly depending on your location but I could get some estimates if you are interested in that.

I am located in Jackson, TN. Here are a couple pics of him: (sorry a bit blurry)
IMG_20170522_121023416_zpsfvrjm9kq.jpg

IMG_20170522_121017093_zps8mh7kqgt.jpg

sc50964

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good looking eel and a great deal. Wish I'm closer. GLWS.

oscar ortiz

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im also located in Tennessee, very nice fish and deal but i cant take him, hope you find someone though

VelasCorals

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
FYI, these guys are very peaceful. I have one around tiny fish and never even goes after me. I can hand feed mine. Great deal on an amazing Eel!

sc50964

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are they hardy? How about their compatibility to large angels and tangs? How active are they?

OP
OP
dzones

dzones

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
To be honest my experience with these guys has not been problematic at all. He is currently in a very large tank that is on display so my knowledge of his behavior is only second hand.

Yes these guys are pretty hardy.
Also I checked into shipping and even from West TN to Milwaukee was gonna cost about $250 so unless you are pretty close I don't think shipping is a good option. If you have a Fedex account that would be very helpful for that cost I am sure.
Anyone wanting him shipped can have him for free, just pay the actual shipping charges.

brett_schn

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
To be honest my experience with these guys has not been problematic at all. He is currently in a very large tank that is on display so my knowledge of his behavior is only second hand.

Yes these guys are pretty hardy.
Also I checked into shipping and even from West TN to Milwaukee was gonna cost about $250 so unless you are pretty close I don't think shipping is a good option. If you have a Fedex account that would be very helpful for that cost I am sure.
Anyone wanting him shipped can have him for free, just pay the actual shipping charges.

How much will it be to ship to 33062 (pompano beach) Im setting a 4ft 120gallon or 75 gallon tank soon. How would it be in this tank with a flame angel, hippo and yellow tang and a clownfish. How long can u wait to get rid of him. I will know when I can take him if my tank is good by hopefully tomorrow but friday the latest.

OP
OP
dzones

dzones

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sadly the shipping even that close looks like $233. Fedex is making a killing...
I had targeted Sunday to have him a new home if possible. Regarding your livestock I cannot make any assumptions regarding that based on what I was told of this guy.

brett_schn

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sadly the shipping even that close looks like $233. Fedex is making a killing...
I had targeted Sunday to have him a new home if possible. Regarding your livestock I cannot make any assumptions regarding that based on what I was told of this guy.

What other fish did u have him with. What would ups charge.

OP
OP
dzones

dzones

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The only other fish with him currently is a medium picasso trigger.
UPS is about the same at $241
18x14x16 styro cooler with a few gallons of water (about 35lbs) overnight to anywhere is pretty high it seems if you don't have an account with discounts attached.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 102 86.4%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.8%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.5%
Back