Show some of your controller pcs

Ironically, and by saying this I am likely about to come home to a kalk flood after this 5 day trip I just started, I run a bunch a dosing pumps, I e never remotely had one close to leak, not one, ever. This covers every type I have run. I have had uniseals leak, often. Reactors spew salt water under pressure, 1/2” silicon hoses flop out of the sump and dump salt water, but never a dosing pump. And, I use them for every imaginable use. Interesting. I didn’t realize this was a thing. I agree with you though. I have 1 EB8 that is under my display that I want to get out. I just need to figure out how to power my dosers under the display. I’m not concerned that salt water would take out 24v pumps, if I had a leak that bad, I have greater issues with my house on the other side of my fish room. It’s the single 110v power source I have under my display. That’s the one thing driving me crazy. It’s not realistic for me to run the 24v source wire to EB832s. I think their proximity is too far.
With dosing pumps, it’s never the pump itself, like a tear in the tubing inside the head. Usually a connection that fails, or a line gets clogged the pump keeps going and blows out a connection
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 9 5.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 12 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 16.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 57 34.1%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 6.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 11 6.6%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 26 15.6%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 12 7.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new