Show some Symphyllia spp some love!

  • Thread starter Thread starter Madreef
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Madreef

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 12, 2011
Messages
379
Reaction score
3
Location
Santa Barbara
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Brains and chalice corals are all the rage these days. There's lots of other species that seem to get all the love! So I figured why not start a show off thread for some Symphyllia brains! Wilsoni is one of my favorites but I couldn't pass up this little guy. It's got potential in my eyes at least.

e03944b7.jpg


Let me see what Symphyllia you've got hiding in your tank ;)
 
I am going to like this thread! I am really loving these corals and look to pick up a couple soon! :)
 
Unique Corals has a really nice Symphyllia wilsoni right now. Wish my new system was ready, I love Symphyllia's and will have at least once cherry in my new tank.

willsoni2_base.jpg


they also have this really nice Symphyllia radians as well:

symph_base_1.jpg
 
New-corals_1-596.jpg
awesomesymphyllia.jpg
I saw pictures of these as well a long time back and I thought they were absolutely stunning. WOW I love symphyllia's. Awesome thread
 
I just got a new phone and was playing with the camera and got this pic of my wilsoni. I've had this for 6-8 months now, when i first got it the thing was pretty much bleached out and was a pale clearish pink color and that was about it. I could see it had some serious potential and im still seeing more colors coming in still. One of my favs for sure.
5424dfbc2e2dbe5f1308345058.jpg
 
My Symphilia

Here's a pic of when I first got mine (cell phone shot)
Update1-31-11069.jpg


And here it is all happy:bigsmile:
IMAG0027-1-1.jpg
 
Last edited:

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 9 22.5%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 15 37.5%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 4 10.0%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 2.5%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 7.5%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 5 12.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 7.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new