Shrimp/crab compatibability in Trimma tank

  • Thread starter Thread starter trimma0426
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

trimma0426

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 22, 2017
Messages
42
Reaction score
15
What state or country do you live in
New York
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am currently cycling my tank which will be a predominantly Trimma/Eviota sp. goby tank.

I am trying to make an invert list, and wondering if you guys see any compatibility issues with the fish, since they are mainly perchers and not swimmers

Pom Pom crabs
Sexy shrimp
Bumble bee shrimp
Orange spot anemone shrimp
Squat lobster

Thank you
 
How big is the tank? I don't think there will be issues between the inverts and fish but you may have problems between fish species or invert species, the bumblebee shrimp and orange spots are both Gnathophyllum and in close quarters they may fight.
 
It
How big is the tank? I don't think there will be issues between the inverts and fish but you may have problems between fish species or invert species, the bumblebee shrimp and orange spots are both Gnathophyllum and in close quarters they may fight.

It's a 20 gallon IM Fusion. I have a 20 gallon refugium I guess I could throw any problem inverts into.
 
How big is the tank? I don't think there will be issues between the inverts and fish but you may have problems between fish species or invert species, the bumblebee shrimp and orange spots are both Gnathophyllum and in close quarters they may fight.

It's a 20 gallon IM Fusion. I have a 20 gallon refugium I guess I could throw any problem inverts into.
 
Ok you should be fine at that size but I definitely don't recommend adding many more inverts than that cause it'll start getting crammed. The ones you want are generally peaceful.
 
Ok you should be fine at that size but I definitely don't recommend adding many more inverts than that cause it'll start getting crammed. The ones you want are generally peaceful.

Thanks. I was thinking 3 sexy shrimp, 2-3 bumble bee or orange spot shrimps and maybe 1-2 Pom Pom crabs
 
Ok you should be fine at that size but I definitely don't recommend adding many more inverts than that cause it'll start getting crammed. The ones you want are generally peaceful.

Thanks. I was thinking 3 sexy shrimp, 2-3 bumble bee or orange spot shrimps and maybe 1-2 Pom Pom crabs
 
Thanks. I was thinking 3 sexy shrimp, 2-3 bumble bee or orange spot shrimps and maybe 1-2 Pom Pom crabs

Yeah if you go the route of having only orange spots OR bumble bees you'll be fine in that regard and the other numbers look safe to me. Sounds like a cool little tank concept. I too am a huge fan of trimmas, eviotas, and nano inverts.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 6.7%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 20 22.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 27 30.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 10.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 5 5.6%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 11 12.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 7.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new