Shrimp in Fallow tank

ReefJCB

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a tank crash (UGH) and am running fallow for a few months. Thank god my corals and inverts are all ok.

I did have one coral beauty that I cannot reach it’s corpse but got evething else out. I’ve been monitoring the amonia and no issue so far.

Ive read about ghost feeding the tank to keep the bacteria going and to avoid bottoming out on nitrate and phosphate.

Im thinking about tossing in a half shrimp every few days to feed my 2 skunk cleaners, 2 peppermint shrimp, and 1 fire shrimp. Does that seem like enough or too much? I don’t want them moving onto corals.

The plan is to catch and remove the peppermint as they have not touched the Aiptasia they were added for.

Spare time

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would just put a couple pieces of krill in or mysis/brine. You could even do a few pellets if they like them.

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 11 35.5%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 16.1%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 11 35.5%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 4 12.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back