Shrimpgoby Advice?

Sharkbait19

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone,

I’ve had an Aurora goby in my tank that’s been doing well and all, but barely has a presence in the tank. I have a few questions regarding its behavior, and am hoping that people who have had an Aurora goby or any shrimp goby can offer some experience and tips.

First of all, I barely see it. I can only observe it from 10 feet away, and if I inch any closer, or give my tank a funny look, the goby darts away. It almost seems like a waste of fish space, because if I wasn’t the one who put it in there, I wouldn’t even know I had a goby in the tank. How can I get the fish acclimated to my presence? Will it always be extremely skittish, because it’s been this way for a few months, and I’d like to get it to trust me at least a little.

Secondly, the reason I bought a goby to begin with was to pair with my shrimp. I think I saw them on the same half of the tank once, but other than that, they have no clue of each other’s presence. How long in a 13.5 gallon tank should it take for them to pair? Will they pair?

Lastly, I’d like to know that it’s eating. It’s alive, so it must be grazing on something, but I’d like to know that it’s actually eating what I put in the tank. Is this something I should just assume, or is there some way to get the food right in front of her, without my clownfish or something stealing it?

Thanks in advance!

OP
OP
Sharkbait19

Sharkbait19

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Progress update: she no longer darts away when I come near, so I can get good photos of him!
0706507A-C511-48FC-8C7B-102305F05A8B.jpeg

88600407-59EB-479F-A493-946CF05C42BD.jpeg

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 64 36.8%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 33.9%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 14.4%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 26 14.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back