Sicce 3.0 pump

  • Thread starter Thread starter Hp1836
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Hp1836

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 11, 2021
Messages
79
Reaction score
30
Location
New Jersey
What state or country do you live in
New Jersey
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I have used sicce return pumps ever since I got into the hobby. The first a sicce 3.0 went about 2 years before it started vibrating very loudly at times. I cleaned it well and that did not help. It is connected to 6 inches of tubing then pvc. I also have it up off the bottom. The noise Seemed to happen at random times. so I replaced it.

The 2nd one lasted about a year before I started hearing the same loud vibrating noise for a few minutes here and there randomly. This time I contacted sicce. They sent a new impeller then a whole new pump. The new impeller did not help so I swapped out the whole pump. This time it took only about 3 weeks before I heard the same vibrating sound again. It's been on and off for a few minutes here and there a few times throughout the day. Strangly enough I hear it everytime I walk in front of the tank but it stops as soon as I get a few feet away

I am not sure what this could be at this point and have no idea why walking near the tank does anything. Does anyone have any ideas?
 
No it is hanging up not touching the bottom at all. When it gets loud I can see the whole section of tubing and pvc vibrating
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.2%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 6.3%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 21 21.9%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 29 30.2%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 9.4%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 7 7.3%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 12 12.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 7.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new