Sicce pump 3.0 (714 GPH)

cloak

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got this on 09/28/2020 as a return pump for my 20 gallon. A couple months later, sometime in December it just stopped working out of the blue. (froze) I removed it, took it apart, gave it a good cleaning and put it back. Works fine now. The pump was pretty clean btw. A few days ago, (2/28/2021) the pump just stopped again out of the blue. I took it apart, cleaned it etc.

Are these pumps prone to do that? I upgraded from a Rio 2500 to this and so far I'm kind of disappointed. (for the price) This pump is definitely more silent than the Rio, but stopping twice within 3 months or so seems kind of odd. Has anybody had any problems like this? Thanks.

Stigigemla

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have sold some of these (230v model) and have not heard anything from my customers so I believe they are satisfied with their pump.
There are a few things to consider when a pump is suddenly stopping.
The most common by my customers is that they have too high Ca-kH-pH compared to Mg in their water.
Then limestone will precipitate where the water is a little bit warmer.
The second thing is that the pump can be missing a bushing for the impeller axis. In most cases the pump will not start when the axis is not properly mounted but in same cases they do.

Rickybobby

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I own a bunch of sicces great pumps. And yes before I’ve had buildup happen internally and this will seize the prop shaft up

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.6%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 23.7%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.4%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back