Sicce pump cleaner accidentally poured into tank

fisheriesdoc

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 17, 2021
Messages
36
Reaction score
26
Location
Baton Rouge
What state or country do you live in
Louisiana
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My wife intended to top off my freshwater turtle tank, but inadvertently dumped half a gallon of mixed since pump cleaner into the tank. Any advice on how to remove this stuff? I am starting my second full water change and swapping out all of the media. The tank is about 15 gallons.
 
More than likely it is citric acid, can you test the PH? Can you remove the animals from the water?
 
Thanks for the advice. pH is around 7, but I didn’t get a reading before the water changes. I removed the turtle as soon as I realized there was a problem but he was in the tank for 24 hours or so after the cleaner was added- I was out of town.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.9%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 5.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 21 20.4%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 33 32.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 8.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 8.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 13 12.6%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 6.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new