Sicce syncra ADV 7.0

Sprin001

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm writing for two parts. I have multiple sicce pumps and typically find them of great value for their price. I bought a bigger ADV for my mixing station and to pump to my tank. The first would power on, then off after a few minutes. It pumped silently and powerfully when it worked but was unreliable. Sicce sent me a replacement at no cost. The second pumps continuously but is quite loud and increases in sound under any load. Any advice? Any things I could problem solve on the first pump with intermittent power rather than to throw it away? Tia

CK00020

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Get a jebao dcp, I have a 18000 for my return and a sicce adv 7 on my skimmer, when I turn the noisy sicce off I have to feel the pipe to see if my return is running. It’s that quiet!

ksed

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Get a jebao dcp, I have a 18000 for my return and a sicce adv 7 on my skimmer, when I turn the noisy sicce off I have to feel the pipe to see if my return is running. It’s that quiet!
+1

OP
OP
Sprin001

Sprin001

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Noted. I still have 2, new, sicce syncra. One doesn't maintain power. The other is the loudest pump I own.

OP
OP
Sprin001

Sprin001

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have no idea. The first ADV was very silent. The second is absurdly loud. If no insight here I'll likely ask for a refund or different pump altogether.

ksed

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was wondering if the dc version of the sicce pumps are loud?
The DC version is just as loud.
They are an extension of the AC syncras just wounded for 24v.
Still two pole motor which typically cause the vibration in pumps.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 52 48.6%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 60 56.1%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 25 23.4%
  • None.

Votes: 27 25.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 8.4%

Back