Sick Fish

MichelDad

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am a new reefer. I have a 75 gal tank with canister filter. Mixture of dead and live rock. Lots of healthy inverts - shrimp, snails, hermits, a conch.
My fish seem to be getting picked off one-by-one by what I assume is Ich.
Started with a royal gramma. Labored breathing, rough fins, then disappeared (assume consumed by crabs etc)

then lost a clown. Similar signs of distress. Tried holding near power head near the end but he died.

Friend brought me another royal gramma and that fish did great for about two weeks. Then labored breathing, rough fins. Then stayed in a hidey hole and did not eat at feeding time two days in a row. Then disappeared.

now a firefin Goby is showing signs of a rough tail and is in hiding today, although did come out and eat today. But then back to hiding.

I should add each of these fish displayed flashing behavior at some point before their death.

could be paranoia but my sailfin tang seems to be breathing heavier today and behaving somewhat oddly. The sailfin regularly visits the cleaner shrimp for service.

I do not have a hospital tank or confidence I could catch any of these fish with the aquascape. I have no corals or anemonies yet, but was hoping to add some soon.
Is there a recommended treatment that is invert safe? How do you experienced reefers deal with sick fish?

OP
OP
M

MichelDad

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I should add:
Red Sea test kit - all good
Hanna low range Phosphate 0.35 before water change
25 gal water change yesterday fish appeared to suffer little to no stress from water change
Seneye measurements stable. Ammonia 0.001
Temp 78-79
pH 8.2, regular daily fluctuation

Back