sick scooter blenny

zapoman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So i got a scooter blenny a few months ago and he was doing great swimming around all day and night. I made sure i had plenty before i got him by stocking my fuge with pods. and i waited about 3 months. I regularly check glass for them and there all over both tank and fuge. Around yesterday he stopped moving much and hes in the same place as he was this morning, all other fish are great and all params are good... any thoughts? Also hes about 3-4 inches.

Connie

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does he have any lesions or spots on him? Does he have a pot belly? If you can, post a picture of the little fella so we can make a better guess at what might be happening.

OP
OP
Z

zapoman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well i couldnt find him this morning and then i had to work so hopefully hes still alive when i get home, i didnt see anything like that just seemed a bit thin, and he seems to have a tint of green to him which i assume is from the algae ive been battling for the past month. Havent used any chemicals, just scrapin it off glass and pulling off rocks. Ill try to get a pic if i can fin him. If i cant see him ill prolly have to move some rocks to get to the blind spot.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 32 15.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 26 12.9%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 118 58.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 13 6.5%
Back