Sick Watchmen Goby??

ESABOE

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi All,
I've had this goby for 2 months. My six-line wrasse bullies him, but he thrives in his cave with the pistol shrimp and eats quite well. However, he has these white blotches on him and they aren't going away. Can anyone diagnose? All other fish (2 clowns, 1 six-line wrasse doing well with no discoloration)

Big G

captain dunsel
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
White filmy areas need to watched. They can often be symptomatic of a bacterial infection. The bacterial infection can be the result of injury, parasites, poor water conditions, etc.

Treating bacterial infections can be done either in a "bath" and then returned to the tank, or in a hospital/quarantine tank. Options below:

OP
OP
ESABOE

ESABOE

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
White filmy areas need to watched. They can often be symptomatic of a bacterial infection. The bacterial infection can be the result of injury, parasites, poor water conditions, etc.

Treating bacterial infections can be done either in a "bath" and then returned to the tank, or in a hospital/quarantine tank. Options below:

thanks Gary - what if I don't have a QT tank?

Big G

captain dunsel
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Then Cipro is the first choice. You use it in a bath and then return the fish to the display tank. But you have to catch it and treat it every day for 7 days.

Ciprofloxacin (Best administered via a 1-hour bath treatment. Dosage is high: 250mg per gal. Repeat every 24 hours for 7 days.)

I get mine from Chewy.com

OP
OP
ESABOE

ESABOE

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Then Cipro is the first choice. You use it in a bath and then return the fish to the display tank. But you have to catch it and treat it every day for 7 days.

Ciprofloxacin (Best administered via a 1-hour bath treatment. Dosage is high: 250mg per gal. Repeat every 24 hours for 7 days.)

I get mine from Chewy.com

Thank you!!!

Good trouble: Have mushrooms ever become pests in your aquarium?

• Mushrooms would never be pests even if they kept replicating.

Votes: 18 21.4%
  • Mushrooms have not become a pest for me.

Votes: 31 36.9%
  • Mushroom have become overgrown, but not to the point of becoming pests.

Votes: 14 16.7%
  • Mushrooms have become pests in my aquarium.

Votes: 20 23.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.2%
Back