Sick wrasse

Spar

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was replying to the part where he said he had read to use CP not copper, I was just offering my experience with copper
Yep, lesson learned the hard way. Odd though he was doing great for the last 10 days in CP, even swimming, eating, etc., the night before. But the next day... poof, dead. I was dealing with a major velvet outbreak in my DT, and didn't have any medication on hand, nor any knowledge of having actually dealt with CP or Copper prior (had always solely done TTM/Prazi + Observation).

I have always been on the RC forums, but it is proving that R2R has way more disease/parasite information than RC does... I will be participating more over here going forward.

Heavymman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Copper power and the Hanna copper checker has made keeping the therapeutic levels, even through water changes much more easier.

If it wasn’t for the participating members of this forum and their expertise, I would have had and extremely frustrating time introducing fish to my DT. I am very grateful for that and I try to help when I can with my limited knowledge.

Even still, I try something new to tweak my method and I wind up shooting myself in the foot. I bought this Tuesday what I thought was a healthy leopard wrasse, swimming eating, ect. Brought it home in a matches salinity tank with a bio filter sponge already established. I slowly started introducing copper power, wasn’t even at 1.25ppm yet. It buried itself in the sand Tuesday night and I woke up this morning and it was out of the sand dead..... it always sucks to lose a fish, even more when your really try to do the “right” thing.

I’ve been very frustrated with my LFSs. The apathy they have proves that it’s just a quantity business for them, plain and simple.... sorry for my rant

Frtdrmrose7

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Copper power and the Hanna copper checker has made keeping the therapeutic levels, even through water changes much more easier.

If it wasn’t for the participating members of this forum and their expertise, I would have had and extremely frustrating time introducing fish to my DT. I am very grateful for that and I try to help when I can with my limited knowledge.

Even still, I try something new to tweak my method and I wind up shooting myself in the foot. I bought this Tuesday what I thought was a healthy leopard wrasse, swimming eating, ect. Brought it home in a matches salinity tank with a bio filter sponge already established. I slowly started introducing copper power, wasn’t even at 1.25ppm yet. It buried itself in the sand Tuesday night and I woke up this morning and it was out of the sand dead..... it always sucks to lose a fish, even more when your really try to do the “right” thing.

I’ve been very frustrated with my LFSs. The apathy they have proves that it’s just a quantity business for them, plain and simple.... sorry for my rant

Sorry for your loss :(

Crashjack

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I haven't lost a fairy wrasse in CP and have quarantined several in CP (I realize this is a flasher). I have, however, lost them similar to OP. They started out eating but after 3-4 days would get lethargic and then die. I didn't see external parasites, and it would typically happen to one fish with others in the QT unaffected. I started feeding GC-laced food at the beginning of quarantine, and it stopped happening.

OP
OP
tidefanjam

tidefanjam

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I haven't lost a fairy wrasse in CP and have quarantined several in CP (I realize this is a flasher). I have, however, lost them similar to OP. They started out eating but after 3-4 days would get lethargic and then die. I didn't see external parasites, and it would typically happen to one fish with others in the QT unaffected. I started feeding GC-laced food at the beginning of quarantine, and it stopped happening.
That sounds very familiar, so far today the crescent fairy I had in qt with the flasher is looking great, I have prazipro in now and just started today with metroplex/focus mixed in with the reef frenzy which he ate like a pig..

Good trouble: Have mushrooms ever become pests in your aquarium?

• Mushrooms would never be pests even if they kept replicating.

Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Mushrooms have not become a pest for me.

Votes: 10 40.0%
  • Mushroom have become overgrown, but not to the point of becoming pests.

Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Mushrooms have become pests in my aquarium.

Votes: 7 28.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back