Sickest chalice I've ever seen and owned!!!

sexycorals

Bringing Sexy BACK!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
here half of my colony just being fragged too.. =)

pinkboobies3.jpg

sps4mytank

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Was that supposed to be a ****** pic, Jay? ;)

should b e a ****** pic, but the size of mine is no where near the size of my orenji chalice. But at the rate of its growth it wouldnt surpise me that it'll catch up to my slow growing orenji chalice

OP
OP
MarvinsReef

MarvinsReef

Clownfish Aficionado
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
it's almost been a year since I got the PB... she has been thru a lot the past year... a few different tank moves but finally, she's been sitting pretty in the 110g for about 5-6 months and have caught a little traction on growth... I cannot wait til she has about 10-12 eyes... that's when I believe most chalices start to really thrive... anyway, here's a quick progression of her journey... ;)

03-20-2009, when I first got her...
03-20-09Boobies3.jpg

08-08-2009, right when I got her back from a buddy's tank... not looking too hot... :(
08-08-09_PB.jpg

10-30-2009, getting better... :)
10-30-09PB.jpg

02-01-2010, most recent shot...
02-01-2010_PB.jpg

Last edited:

SDguy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Glad to see you got a lot of the color back, Marvin!

mbattles22

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am new to chalices and have just come by a few frags. Yours are beautiful, but I'll wait to get the expensive ones until I know I can keep them healthy. My question is, do you need a large disc to grow them on or rockwork...or can they grow off of their disc and keep growing on the sand bed? Appreciate advice from the chalice experts!
Michele

Sikryd

hmm...Sweet!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am new to chalices and have just come by a few frags. Yours are beautiful, but I'll wait to get the expensive ones until I know I can keep them healthy. My question is, do you need a large disc to grow them on or rockwork...or can they grow off of their disc and keep growing on the sand bed? Appreciate advice from the chalice experts!
Michele

Chalices make their own skeleton, so they will grow off the disc and above it. They aren't like a favia where they grow on top of discs or rockwork. So yes, you can let them grow on the sand bed or in rockwork without them attaching to it.

mbattles22

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Chalices make their own skeleton, so they will grow off the disc and above it. They aren't like a favia where they grow on top of discs or rockwork. So yes, you can let them grow on the sand bed or in rockwork without them attaching to it.

Thanks!:wink:

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 42.7%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 25 20.2%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 42 33.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.2%
Back