Sickest chalice I've ever seen and owned!!!

here half of my colony just being fragged too.. =)


pinkboobies3.jpg
 
Was that supposed to be a ****** pic, Jay? ;)
 
Glad to hear it is doing well!
 
it's almost been a year since I got the PB... she has been thru a lot the past year... a few different tank moves but finally, she's been sitting pretty in the 110g for about 5-6 months and have caught a little traction on growth... I cannot wait til she has about 10-12 eyes... that's when I believe most chalices start to really thrive... anyway, here's a quick progression of her journey... ;)

03-20-2009, when I first got her...
03-20-09Boobies3.jpg


08-08-2009, right when I got her back from a buddy's tank... not looking too hot... :(
08-08-09_PB.jpg


10-30-2009, getting better... :)
10-30-09PB.jpg


02-01-2010, most recent shot...
02-01-2010_PB.jpg
 
Last edited:
Glad to see you got a lot of the color back, Marvin!
 
I am new to chalices and have just come by a few frags. Yours are beautiful, but I'll wait to get the expensive ones until I know I can keep them healthy. My question is, do you need a large disc to grow them on or rockwork...or can they grow off of their disc and keep growing on the sand bed? Appreciate advice from the chalice experts!
Michele
 
I am new to chalices and have just come by a few frags. Yours are beautiful, but I'll wait to get the expensive ones until I know I can keep them healthy. My question is, do you need a large disc to grow them on or rockwork...or can they grow off of their disc and keep growing on the sand bed? Appreciate advice from the chalice experts!
Michele

Chalices make their own skeleton, so they will grow off the disc and above it. They aren't like a favia where they grow on top of discs or rockwork. So yes, you can let them grow on the sand bed or in rockwork without them attaching to it.
 
Chalices make their own skeleton, so they will grow off the disc and above it. They aren't like a favia where they grow on top of discs or rockwork. So yes, you can let them grow on the sand bed or in rockwork without them attaching to it.

Thanks!:wink:
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 3 50.0%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new