SID for Reefkeeper Lite

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cigar Sherlock

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm looking to purchase an SID cable for a Reefkeeper lite. I bought one used and it doesn't have the SID. I'm not looking to pay more than $20.00 as these are only $24.00 brand new. However, if someone has a different way to connect the RKL to a computer, I'm all ears :)

pickupman66

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Those are different from teh SID. the SID module is what is used to hook up the RKE or RKL directly to your computer for ease in programming and is essential in updating the head unit and modules. Cigar, I could let you borrow mine if you get in a pinch (id have to mail it) as I havent used it in months. Also, FWIW, make sure if you do get one from someone used, make sure to get the newest version of the SID. I think its V2. it should look like a USB memory stick with a cable on it.

shred5

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Exactly the sid v2 allows you to use it with myreef software.

OP
OP
Cigar Sherlock

Cigar Sherlock

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks Lindsey for the offer.. The guy I bought it from offered to let me borrow his (he got an RKE) so I might take him up on it.

pickupman66

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds good. you wont use it except to upgrade the software on the modules and to program it if you dont want to do it thru the RKL interface. I havent touched mine in months.

andywe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The guy you bought it from should have gotten one with the RKE, unless he bought someones unit used and they didn;t pass it on. Needless to say, you will have a hard time finding one used. In 4 years I have never seen just a SID for sale on any forums. I suggest you spend the extra 5 bucks and buy one just to ensure you have it.

OP
OP
Cigar Sherlock

Cigar Sherlock

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No worries guys...I'm borrowing one from the guy I bought it from. He won the raffle at the frag swap and he did not know they had SID cables because he bought mine used from another guy. No biggie, we got it all worked out and it's working fine without an update, but i'm still going to try and update it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 24 29.6%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 30 37.0%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 21 25.9%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 5 6.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.2%
Back