Sieve prefilter for reef tank ?

Captain K'nuckles

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 1, 2020
Messages
26
Reaction score
60
Location
UK
What state or country do you live in
United Kingdom
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been thinking of making a reef safe pond type seive for my prefilter. I wondered if anyone has tried this?
I'm thinking of two screens coarse and fine stacked on top of eachother with small space between. No waste outlet so no water loss just a tray to collect the waste or a short filter sock for collection.
Only advantage I can see is duration between cleaning could be increased and less breakdown of waste by water flow through sock into aquarium. Might be worth a try.
Ill make something up and post some pics soon. If anyone has tried this I would love to hear how you got on
 
You talking like a nylon filter sock?
 
Similar to
Screenshot_20201206-051423.png Screenshot_20201206-051453.png
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.1%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 26 18.6%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 48 34.3%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.1%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.1%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 14.3%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new