Sigma 2 as an Algae reactor

  • Thread starter Thread starter reely989
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

reely989

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 1, 2022
Messages
343
Reaction score
234
Location
Auburn
What state or country do you live in
Alabama
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have any of you used one of the Aquaready Sigma reactors as an algae reactor? Seems like it would be pretty simple to wrap it in some glow lights. The easy of maintenance is always my big gripe with reactors because if it's much work I'm just not going to maintain them. This seems like it'd be a pretty easy solution. Anything I'm missing or overlooking?
 
Have any of you used one of the Aquaready Sigma reactors as an algae reactor? Seems like it would be pretty simple to wrap it in some glow lights. The easy of maintenance is always my big gripe with reactors because if it's much work I'm just not going to maintain them. This seems like it'd be a pretty easy solution. Anything I'm missing or overlooking?
Let me know of any updates trying to do a similar thing too this. Bumping for more help.
 
Let me know of any updates trying to do a similar thing too this. Bumping for more help.

I think it would be a good style of reactor for it. I think I'm gonna ditch the idea and just start using phosphate RX though. I feed really heavy and think it's gonna be the only way I can dial in phosphates.
 
I think it would be a good style of reactor for it. I think I'm gonna ditch the idea and just start using phosphate RX though. I feed really heavy and think it's gonna be the only way I can dial in phosphates.
I see, good luck
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 2 14.3%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 2 14.3%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 3 21.4%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 7 50.0%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new