Sign tank is starting to fail?

  • Thread starter Thread starter SeaWolf95
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

SeaWolf95

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 28, 2026
Messages
46
Reaction score
36
Location
US
What state or country do you live in
New Jersey
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First yes I have 2 pistol shrimps in the tank a candycane and tiger, no mantis shrimp that I know of

It seems to happen more at night I hear either a weird Click or a double click . The timing of the clicks
appears to be random as there could be a long delay or short delay. I also hear the sound more at night but sometimes
i hear it during the day but the sound doesnt sound the same.

Its not a RedSea and its a braced tank. The sound always appear to be coming from the top of the tank. I dont see any water
seepage but this clicking sound is worrying a little.

Is there anything near the braces i should be looking for? Thanks














@rpc("any_peer", "call_local", "reliable")
func request_pickup_item(target_pos: Vector2):
if not multiplayer.is_server(): return
rpc_delete_item.rpc(target_pos)

@rpc("authority", "call_local", "reliable")
func rpc_delete_item(target_pos: Vector2):
var possible_items = get_tree().current_scene.get_children()
for item in possible_items:
if item.has_method("pick_up") and item.global_position.distance_to(target_pos) < 16.0:
item.queue_free()
break
 
Are you sure it's not the pistol shrimps that you are hearing? They make clicking or snapping sounds. I have one and it's active more at night.
 
I agree it sounds like the clicking would be the pistol shrimp.
 
I added a tiny pistol shrimp to my tank maybe a year and a half ago. Haven't seen him since. BUT every once in awhile we will hear a couple clicks coming from the tank, mostly when the lights are down. I'm pretty sure it's him. It's a 55 gallon Aqueon with no problems.
 
Do you have any snails? When the snails in my tanks are at the corners and try changing directions, their shells will click against the glass. Given I have to be close to the tank but I do hear it.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 2 10.5%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 4 21.1%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 1 5.3%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 3 15.8%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 9 47.4%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new