Sinularia sucked into pump.

feelingfishy

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 4, 2021
Messages
285
Reaction score
219
Location
Jasper
What state or country do you live in
Alabama
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My Alien Hand Sinularia coral was just sucked into my gyre pump… I caught it almost right away 5-10 min after I noticed my orp drop from 310 to 260. I replaced my rox 0.8 carbon and am preparing fresh saltwater right away. I hope this does not cause any sps deaths…. Is there anything more I can do? Do you think this will cause any deaths? Here is a picture of it before it dislodged..
IMG_0401.jpeg
 
It was attached to a small frag plug years ago. It has stayed attached to the same plug still to this day. But to your question, I think it just did not have enough super glue on it and I added more flow to the tank so it just ripped the frag plug right off the rock. I reattached it yesterday with 2 full small tubes of super glue, so hopefully it won’t be taking flight again.

Nothing in the tank appears to be affected and my orp is back to normal. I dodged a bullet by catching it early I think.

Btw, thanks for the reply.
 
Not a great pic but the bright green one in the upper left is what I have left from a huge colony that just started turning black and dying. I was able to cut a small piece that hadn't started to turn black and grow it back out. Mine loves flow and light.
PXL_20240509_191354293.jpg
 
Yea same with mine, loves flow and sps levels of light. I have a neon green toadstool lower in the tank that is growing at a snails pace but the Sinularia is just booming faster then ever the last 4-5 months.

Great looking clams btw. Just received my first clam, a Crocea 4 months ago it’s small but doing great.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 32.0%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 8 32.0%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 12.0%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 7 28.0%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 36.0%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 4 16.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new